In 1983, Michael Cervelli founded Michael Cervelli Real Estate, which specializes in both commercial and residential brokerage as well as consulting. Following a stream of success in the real estate market, Mr. Cervelli began to pursue his passion for property management. This led to the formation of Cervelli Management Corp. in 1991.
Now, with over 35 years of property and asset management experience, Mr. Cervelli oversees a team of 26 in-house employees, including brokers, property managers, accounting professionals and support staff, who together bring a combined 100 plus years of experience to the company’s property management component. He currently manages in excess of 100 properties in New York and New Jersey. His team has overseen construction projects ranging from $100,000 to $5,000,000. He has effectively managed properties for over 5,000 tenants and worked with hundreds of boards and owners on commercial and residential sites. Mr. Cervelli has brokered thousands of properties, with a total value in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
Mr. Cervelli is experienced in a vast array of disciplines ranging from the management of luxury condominium boards to the revitalization of low income housing projects. He has personally worked to improve affordable housing properties in Hudson, Essex, Passaic and Hunterdon Counties, and currently works to identify investment opportunities within the northeast region for prospective investors.
At Cervelli Management Corp., Mr. Cervelli has created a culture of honesty and integrity which has carried the company through many downturn cycles.
Mr. Cervelli’s extensive list of professional memberships, designations and industry awards include the following:
- Ten-time President of Hudson County Multiple Listing Service
- Member of Hudson County MLS Board of Directors (1998 to Present)
- President of Liberty Board of Realtors (2004)
- Director of Liberty Board of Realtors (2004-2006)
- Recipient of Prestigious Realtor of the Year Award (2002)
- President of Hudson County Board of Realtors (2001)
- Director of Liberty Board of Realtors (1997 to Present)
- Member of Liberty Board of Realtors (1985 to Present)
- Member of Bergen County Board of Realtors (1985 to Present)
- Member of Property Owners Association (1989 to Present)
- National Association of Real Estate Appraisers Accreditation (CREA Designation – October 1990)
- Institute of Real Estate Management (CPM Candidate)
- Chairman of Ethics Committee (1993, 1994, 2006)
- Chairman of Grievance Committee (1992)
- Member of Community Association Institute (1998 CMCA Candidate)
- Member of New Jersey Apartment Association (1995 to Present)